Tuesday, February 16, 2016

January 25th 2016



January 25TH 2016

THANK YOU everyone for the awesome birthday love!!! It was a great
birthday, spent immersed in the work. :)

Fun fact: the third week in January is on average always the coldest
week of the year in Maine. 
This was on Tuesday, inside our house, frozen.                                                                                       It's cold even when it's not!

We witnessed a lot of progress with our investigator Bruce! He was struggling a little at the big fining of the week so we 'heart attacked' his door with scriptures and uplifting quotes and he really appreciated that! We had a lesson with him a few times this week, he is preparing for a baptism in February! He has a great desire to do what the Lord wants him to do. He is very knowledgable.
I wish I had more to tell you about... But like I said... A bit rocky...

Haha... Ok I got something:
We were sitting very contently in sacrament meeting, listening to a man in our ward give a wonderful talk on the temple. He began to talk about a tradition that the temple has, where if it's your first time going through, you get a free cookie! And as he was explaining he pulls out a brown bag, and pulls out an actual cookie and holds it up in the air. I began dreaming about what that cookie might taste like, when all of a sudden he says: "Sister Lewis! Will you please come up here?" Welp I got a bit light headed and red in the face, but I made my way up there, and he says: "hey everyone, it was Sister Lewis's birthday this week, so I got her this cookie. And she really wants to go to the temple, so if anyone can take her and her companions to the temple they would love that." After a brief moment of shock, I made my way off of the stand, cookie in hand, and a goofy smile on my face, and sat back down.

So that was fun...

Speaking of birthdays, thanks again everyone for the love. It was definitely felt!
This week was rocky, but hey, better to build your foundation on rocks and not sand! Unless it's p-day, then definitely play in the sand. :) (additional photo from last weeks epic adventure) (this is our shell phone, we call our mermaid investigators on it)

We made cupcakes for lunch on Friday, then after eating more than my mom probably would have liked, we went out and worked. :)





                                       
Hey! I was a bridesmaid for an impromptu wedding at the church on Thursday! That was cool. Kinda weird... But definitely awesome!

                             
We recently had a missionary training, a lot of general authorities spoke and inspired. It was really good! The part that stood out to me the most was Elder Oaks said: we should have the Doctrine of Christ engraved on our hearts and embedded in the marrow of our bones." I thought that was very bold and obviously a very important point to make. So this week I have been studying the Doctrine of Christ! I have come to the realization that it is literally in the heart of all we believe and do. I urge you all to study and ponder and pray about how the Gospel and Doctrine of Christ is working in your life right now. Faith. Repentance. Baptism (sacrament). Receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost. Enduring to the end.

I want to bear my witness to all of you whom I love so much, that our Heavenly Father is mindful of each and everyone of you. He knows you individually and personally. He desires for us to be happy. He wants us to live with Him again. I know that Jesus is the Christ the Son of the Living God. I know that this is the true and restored gospel, and it is an honor to be a servant of the Lord.
I love you all!! Have a FANTASTIC week!!


Sister Lewis






No comments:

Post a Comment