Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Fun Fact: When a New Englander adopts a pet into their home, they mean business. These animals have more power and authority than the head of the household. They are not just animals, these are their children! Its super crazy and EVERYONE has multiple, not just a cat or a dog, you have 3 cats, 2 dogs, and 5 birds. We go through lint rollers like candy. 

This week was really progressive! We got 2 new investigators this week, and 2 progressing less actives. We are so grateful everyday for these people, they are so much fun to be with and their spirits are so sweet! 
One of our new investigators, his name is Alex, he is from Australia! he is totally golden. I had my first opportunity to extend a baptismal invite (so nerve racking!) and he said YES! and then I ask him if he would be baptized on October 18 (equally as nerve racking) and he said YES! He came to church on Sunday, and decided to stop smoking and stop drinking coffee all on his own. we haven't even taught him the Word of Wisdom yet!! He is definitely a miracle, and we are excited to see him progress! God is so good. 

I love the less actives that we are teaching because I feel like I am learning with them, ( as it should be with everyone always). They know that they need to come back, and being able to pray with them and help them, it really sets my soul on fire. :) 

I was thinking about a couple of scriptures the other day, "Jesus wept" John 11:35, "remember Lots wife." Luke 17:32, and "And my father dwelt in a tent." 1 Nephi 2:15.
I love these scriptures!! 
They are so simply worded, but the story and meaning behind them, it's just so powerful. 
Jesus is the greatest, most powerful person to ever be on this earth. He healed the sick, gave sight to the blind, endured every pain and affliction to ever happen to any of us, AND, he cried. I think that is so sweet and so moving, even the most powerful person ever, wept. 
Lehi was a very well known, wealthy man who had so much going for him in Jerusalem. But his faith in the Lord and his Conversion to the gospel overpowered all the money and possessions he had. He took his family into the wilderness, and he dwelt in a tent. if that isn't conversion I don't know what is! 
Remember Lots wife. Don't look back! Move on! There are greater things ahead when you put your faith in God!! 

I hope you all have a wonderful week!!! Read your scriptures! Say your prayers! :) 

Sister Lewis

pic: That's me at a stake dance (strictly there for the food, we bolted after that) but you see that big empty parking lot? yep, no one dances here, they huddle, that's about it. 

 Our less active, Billy, she taught us how to knit!!! Sweaters all around!! :) 

Inline image 1
Inline image 3

2 comments:

  1. Sister Lewis, It is so good to hear from you, I got your letter, Thanks! !! You are doing so much good even if you don't see it yet. They have to fill your sweet spirit, you just shine, even in your email so , Stay strong and remember I love you too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sister Lewis, It is so good to hear from you, I got your letter, Thanks! !! You are doing so much good even if you don't see it yet. They have to fill your sweet spirit, you just shine, even in your email so , Stay strong and remember I love you too.

    ReplyDelete