Sunday, March 20, 2016

March 7th, 2017

Not actually super thankful for that because it makes for sketchy driving conditions, but it's beautiful so I guess it's worth it! 

FUN FACT: There is a rivah (river) that runs through Saco (How to say Saco: sock-oh) and Biddeford and there is a legend that the rivah is cursed! The ancient tale is that there was an Indian woman who watched three white guys drown her baby in the rivah, so she cursed the rivah and all the men died by drowning in the rivah. Now there is annually about 2-3 deaths in the rivah a year. CrAZy!! 

Joke I made up this week: 
How many ducks does it take to screw in a light bulb? 
Just one, but the bill is high! 😂😂😂😂

We had a ward talent show this week, it was awesome!! There was a range of different acts, like: piano playing, a song from the musical Wicked, we were all taught how to do the 'Whip and NayNay' (that was sketch), singing, golfing, and so much more! It was definitely entertaining! This ward is fantastic! It's super small, the church building is tiny! But everyone loves everyone, and there is a strong force for good between them. It's such a blessing to be serving with them! 

Bruce feels the love too! He loves the ward and the people. He is in awe at how nice everyone is. This week we had really great lessons with him, one that was really powerful was on Tuesday. He is working on stopping smoking, and so we have been focusing on that because he is having a hard time. We had the lesson in a members home. THE SPIRIT. It was so STRONG. 
I know I have said this before, and I am going to say it again, members make all the difference!! We talked about how, we all have mountains to climb, and trials and set backs that seem to tower over us. But with God, we are able to move those mountains when we exercise faith and trust in him. We testified that quitting smoking is his way of moving his mountain. He really loved that, and he said he feels his testimony growing and he feels stronger. 
GO BRUCE!!! 

This week I studied a lot in 2 Nephi 4. I love this chapter because there is so much heart and feeling in it. It feels so real and applicable. I especially clung to verse 19. I love the phrase, 'I know in whom I have trusted'. 
I want to bear my testimony to you all that we are humans. We will sin, we will transgress. There will be set backs and trials. 
BUT I testify to you that we have great reason to rejoice!! I testify that Adam fell that men might be, and men are that they might have JOY! I testify that there is beauty in everyday. There are blessings and tender mercies all around us, for us, from God. Because he LOVES us soooooooo much! I testify that we need to go to the temple. We need to go to church. We need to partake of the sacrament. I know that as we serve each other, love each other, and build each other up, we will be connecting ourselves to heaven and we will feel loved and renewed. Peace and joy. Happiness and wholeness. 

I love you all, and I love my Father in Heaven. 

Have a GLORIOUS week!! 

Sister Lewis 

P.s.
To quote the Gospel Principles manual, as it gives examples of ways to keep the Sabbath Day holy: "writing letters to missionaries..." Wow what a great suggestion! I testify that that is a great recommendation. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment