Sunday, May 29, 2016

April 18th, 2016

Fun fact: it's a Maine delicacy to put vinegah on your French fries.

Hello!
This week was AWESOME!!
We had new trainers meeting this week! It was divine! We live a couple
hours from the building, so all of us went to the mission home for the
night so we didn't have to travel so early the next day. It was so
fun! I LOVE being with so many amazing missionaries and the incredible
President and Sister Stoker! We woke up the next morning and played
basket ball outside, then came in and President Stoker made us all
waffles and homemade syrup, or what President calls it 'liquid gold'
that sister Stoker made that morning. It was so fun to be all together
telling mission stories and just having a good time. The Spirit was
just so strong the whole time, I never wanted it to end!
So we all got ready and went to the Manchester chapel for New Trainers
Meeting. It. Was. Amazing. I feel like I just came out and should be
the trainee! The meeting was so uplifting and also much guidance was
given. I feel the importance of being exactly obedience, especially as
we strive for that as a companionship, it's evident and obvious that
obedience brings blessing. It is not enough to just have good
intentions, it's the action that comes with the intention that
benefits us in the long run. 'If we want a faith promoting experience,
we must do something that requires faith!'
I know that is true! Its not just about having a testimony or
knowledge, but it's how we live that testimony. How we apply it. The
actions we take to make our beliefs into our daily living.

we went to a members home and they have a big flock of chickens and I
obviously did everything I could to get one of those bad boys in my
hands. It was brilliantly awesome!! I miss those little guys!! I love
chickens ❤️❤️❤️

The rest of this week was chuck full of missionary work and awesome
Spiritual stuff. So much so, that it's too much to write. :) and I
also honestly can't remember a whole lot. All I know is that this week
was so powerful! I guess you just had to be there. :)

Here is a spiritual thought for you:
“If ye love me, keep my commandments,” Jesus said. So we have
neighbors to bless, children to protect, the poor to lift up, and the
truth to defend. We have wrongs to make right, truths to share, and
good to do. In short, we have a life of devoted discipleship to give
in demonstrating our love of the Lord. We can’t quit and we can’t go
back. After an encounter with the living Son of the living God,
nothing is ever again to be as it was before."  - Elder Jeffery R.
Holland

I testify that Jesus Christ is the Son of the living God. I know that
the Book of Mormon is true and I stand by it with everything I've got!
I know that our Father in heaven loves us so much, that He has
provided a plan and a way for us to live together as families forever.

I love you all! Invite someone to church! Give out a Book of Mormon!
Feed your missionaries!

Have a blessed week!

Sister Lewis


Pics:
1,2,3: PORTLAND HEADLIGHT!!!
4: mission home slumber party!
5: I HELD A CHICKEN
6: 5 minutes from our house 💗
7:new trainers meeting picture








No comments:

Post a Comment