Sunday, May 29, 2016

May 16th, 2016

(Not a very fun) Fact: it's the Devils favorite season... Black fly
season. 🙅 it's the pits. They are flesh eating monsters. JK they are
so tiny, but they are SO ANNOYING. They just suck your blood and eat
your skin like they own the place.
 Not cool Black flies. Not cool.

Besides those filthy animals...
THIS WEEK WAS AMAZING!!!!
I. LOVE. CONCORD.
I am SO happy to be back in my home land with my concord family, and
an AMAZING companion! I am follow-up training Sister Dyer and I feel
like I have learned so much from her! She is the best y'all.
So before I get into this miracle-drenched week, I have to tell you
BIG news: Elder Rasband from the quorum of the Twelve Apostles is
COMING TO CONCORD THIS WEEKEND!!! We are having a mission conference
with him on Saturday morning, and then stake conference Saturday night
and Sunday morning with him! I get to hear him 3 times!!! I AM PSYCHED
OUT OF MY MIND!!!

Ok, so now onto this very incredible week:
Wednesday was a day to remember! There is so much to say, so I will
condense it into a few lines each, the important thing to remember is
that if we had not done everything we did that day, in the time that
we did it in, probably none of it would have happened. It blows my
mind how every choice we made led us to miracle after miracle:
1 - we decided to walk everywhere that day so that we could get some
nice street contacting in. We first stopped at a lovely members home,
the Franklins and they let me borrow a water bottle because it was
pretty warm outside. #shoutouttothefranklins
2 - we walked... And walked... And walked...
3 - finally we saw a girl on the street and we shared with her the
blessings of the Book of Mormon and how it can improve her life. She
loved it! We set up a return appointment, got her name and number, and
kept on walking...
4 - sister Dyer then realizes that her feet are bleeding and blistered
and in a lot of pain because of her new greeny shoes, so we stopped
and got band aids. There was a little ice cream shop across the
street, and it was really hot and we had been walking for about 3
hours now so we decided to take a quick ice cream break while she
administered to her injuries.
5 - we then continued walking to where a less active lived. Neither of
us had ever met her, so we go in and buzz her, but no answer. We do it
again, no answer. And then after a couple of minutes the door opens so
we go in, and there is a girl in the hall. We ask her if she is Sara,
she said yes and that we should go talk to her and her dad. So we go
to her apartment and her dad is there and sister Dyer says: "hey! We
are in the area and just wanted to get to know people! And I also have
a question, I have some bandaids that won't stay on, and some really
awful blisters, do you have any tape I could borrow to keep them on
better? We have a lot of walking to do."
So he whips out his briefcase of medical stuff and puts on neosporin
and bandaids and medical tape. It was so nice! And then we started to
talk to them, and we say: "so you are Brother Hardy?" And he says: "
um.. No I don't know where you got that name, we just moved in."
........
We were stunned! THEY WERENT EVEN MEMBERS. THEY HAD NO IDEA EHO WE
WERE! We were like: "wait.... So.... Your not members? Do you know who
we are??" And he said: "no."
So we busted up laughing because we just asked a complete stranger to
bandage up my companions feet. BUT! The miracle is that we set up a
return appointment and we are going to start teaching them!!!!
6 - we left that families apartment, and went outside and stopped on
he sidewalk to say a prayer of gratitude that Heavenly Father led us
to them, and then continued walking.
7- we met up perfectly with a woman who was crossing the street and
started talking to her, ended up walking with her for about half an
hour talking about the plan of salvation and the purpose of families!
Gave her a Book of Mormon.
8 - went to the church later that evening and got to see all of my
Concord friends again and it was so exciting to see everyone again!!
My heart is full for them.

We ended up walking about nine miles that day, and got some real nice
tan lines. 😎
We were walking on Saturday by a farmers market on the street and a
man stopped us  and said: "sister missionaries."
And we were like: "hi! How do you know us??"
And he said: "I'm a member of the church, in a different ward, come
get some free ice cream at my booth."
I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!!

On my first day back we had dinner with the Weiss' and they let us eat
cake without our hands and it was the funniest thing I've done in a
long time! Thank you Weiss'!!

Wow this is the longest email I think I have ever sent!
Sorry not sorry.

I LOVE YOU ALL!!

Sister Lewis
2 Bedford Farms lane ste 208
Bedford NH 03110


Pics:
1 - this video is a perfect representation of our companionship
2 - coming home ❤️
3/4 - CAKE
5 - Sister Dyers miracle blisters
6 - chicken round 2
7/8 - free ice cream because we are preaching the good word of God











No comments:

Post a Comment