Sunday, May 29, 2016

May 9th, 2016

Fun fact: hamburger isn't called hamburger here. It's Hamburg.

This week was cool!
We set a goal at the beginning of the week to hand out 5 copies of the
Book of Mormon...
WEVE HANDED OUT 8!
It's definitely not easy to talk to people out here, let alone give
them a book and talk about Jesus. But it happens!! Miracles are REAL.
Also another crazy thing happened. We got transfer calls, and I am
going BACK to my first area, Concord NH, where I was trained, and
literally just came from, to follow-up train another sister, Sister
Dyer!! It is so crazy to me that I am actually going back to my first
area. I am sad to leave Saco/Biddeford, but I am so excited to serve
in Concord again!! It's amazing how the Lord works. He really does
know us.

It's crazy to know that I am coming up on my 9 month mark! It feels
like I should be the one being trained, but it also feels like it's
been 30 years. But it's been the BEST 9 months of my life! Some pretty
wacky and sketchy stuff has happened. Also some amazing miracles and
blessings. All of which I will treasure forever! I love being a
missionary!


Random story:
Every Wednesday we have a district meeting, and our zone leader Elder
Hannig is like pretty much a five star chef. And at every district
meeting he surprises us with something delicious, but this week was
extra fantastically delicious, Elder Hannig made Brisket! Like what
the heck elder?!? And it was the best brisket ever!!! My eyes were
literally tearing up because it was THAT good. I of coarse got the
recipe so if any of y'all want it, I can hook you up.


I love the book of Enos. For a couple of reasons. First because it's
only like 2 1/2 pages long. And also because it's all about how Enos
experiences the power of the atonement. In verses 4,5 and 6 it says:
"And my souls hungered; and I kneeled down before my Maker, and I
cried unto him in mighty prayer and supplication for mine own
soul;..." "And there came a voice unto me, saying: Enos thy sins are
forgiven thee, and thou shalt be blessed." "And I, Enoch, knew that
God could not lie; wherefore, my guilt was swept away."
The Atonement is REAL. Jesus Christ suffered and died for us, for a
reason. And that reason is so that we can partake in Gods infinity
grace, and be forgiven of our sins. I am so thankful for that! I am
grateful for our Savior and Redeemer. I know at He lives.

Peace out kids, see you in Concord! 😀😎

Sister Lewis


Pics:
1: District meeting when we all tasted the Brisket of life
2: family history with a member and her brother who is not a member.
He was really impressed with the he churches Family History site and
wants his work to be done in a temple when he dies.
3: it rained. A lot.
4-5: met Leo the Ninja Turtle. He kicked my trash
6: the Thayer fam. They are my jam. SO CUTE!







No comments:

Post a Comment